Our attorneys offer a wide range of services to insurance companies, pension funds, and other large institutions involved in commercial real estate investing and lending transactions.
We advise on structuring, documenting, and managing the deployment of capital into real estate projects—whether as equity or debt through a variety of investment vehicles. We also advise on distressed matters, including restructuring and enforcement of troubled deals as well as strategic investing and lending into distressed situations.
Our attorneys represent institutional clients as lenders, investors, developers, and owners, either directly or through joint ventures. We provide guidance throughout the life of the equity investment or loan—from the earliest structuring discussions, through term sheet negotiations and due diligence, to negotiating, documenting and closing the transaction, through servicing and ultimate disposition.
We advise on a variety of transaction types, including:
- first mortgage and mezzanine lending
- construction financing
- acquisitions and dispositions
- joint venture and preferred equity investments
- credit tenant and private placement transactions
- loan purchases
- distressed real estate matters
- leasing and other asset management matters
- portfolio analysis
- NAIC requirements and related compliance matters
We understand and value our clients' investment parameters, strategies and tolerance for risk and we have extensive knowledge of the markets and regulatory landscape in which our clients operate. We recognize that many investments are core assets that will be held for extended time horizons and we appreciate the challenges of investing in a hypercompetitive market. Our hallmark is personalized client service. We listen and provide creative, practical advice and solutions that align with each client’s business objectives.
Our team has advised on a range of project types, including:
- Shopping centers and retail malls
- Office buildings and complexes
- Hotels and resorts
- Multifamily rental projects
- Residential and commercial condominiums
- Industrial properties
- Master-planned and mixed-use developments
- Retirement, senior housing, and assisted-living communities
Our Insurance Company and Institutional Investments Team is part of our Real Estate Finance and Capital Markets Group, which advises clients in the structuring, documenting, closing, servicing, and restructuring of real estate debt and equity transactions.
Joseph E. Lubinski
Laura L. Seidel