When a business dispute turns into a high-stakes, complex legal controversy, our litigators step in to protect our clients' rights and interests and minimize their risks. We apply our experience and advocacy skills to achieve successful and cost-effective results.
Our commercial litigators represent clients in disputes involving:
- Breach of contract and UCC-related matters
- Unfair competition, contract interference, and other business torts
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Federal and state antitrust laws
- Federal and state securities laws
- Class actions
- Corporate governance
- Partnership issues
- Real estate transactions
- Lending and finance agreements
- Contracts for the sale or acquisition of a business
- Product liability claims
- Insurance claims
- Professional liability claims
- Trade secrets and other intellectual property claims
- Civil rights claims
- Investment and wealth management issues
Our litigators are prepared to take the largest and most complex cases to trial, as plaintiff’s or defense counsel. Members of the group are located in every one of our 15 offices, and we try cases in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Many cases are resolved long before a full trial, though, because our commercial litigators have significant skill and success with pre-trial motions, such as motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment, and, if appropriate, with arbitration, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution methods.
We are experienced in all phases of civil litigation, including trials, hearings, and appeals. We often handle matters involving provisional remedies, such as preliminary injunction applications and other expedited proceedings. We are well-versed in eDiscovery and have extensive experience working with experts. In complex, multiparty cases, we work collaboratively and effectively with co-counsel, often taking a leading role.