Geoffrey A. Kahn is Chair of Ballard Spahr's Litigation Department. Mr. Kahn has more than 30 years of experience handling a broad range of complex commercial litigation, including accountants' liability, securities, contract, class action, and insurance bad faith and coverage cases. He regularly represents public and private entities in federal and state courts.
Mr. Kahn is a member of the firm's Elected Board as well as its Expanded Board.
- Defense of accounting firms in numerous professional liability actions, SEC investigations, and securities cases
- Defense of public companies in shareholder derivative and class actions
- Representation of special committees of boards of directors of public companies in connection with shareholder derivative litigation and internal investigations
- Defense of insurance companies in numerous bad faith and coverage cases
- Defense of a title insurance company in numerous class actions alleging overcharging in connection with the issuance of title insurance
- Defense of a real estate investment company in several class actions brought by purchasers of properties in residential and resort developments in the southeastern United States
- Defense of a public company in a False Claims Act action relating to HUD loans
- Defense of a company in a class action seeking to enjoin a "going private" transaction
- Defense of a company in a class action arising out of the alleged breach of an executive incentive compensation plan
- Defense of Major League Baseball in an antitrust and defamation action arising out of the attempted sale and relocation of the San Francisco Giants to Tampa Bay