Steven N. Dupont focuses on the corporate, licensing, and transactional needs of established and emerging life science, medical device, biotechnology, biopharmaceutical, technology, and natural products companies. He has extensive experience in representing public and private companies in complex intellectual property licensing and strategic corporate alliances.
Mr. Dupont served as Executive Vice President of Corporate Development and General Counsel at Pharmion Corp. In that role, he was responsible for all of the company's legal and business development functions, and led the company through its $2.9 billion acquisition by Celgene. Before entering law school, Mr. Dupont was a process control engineer who designed real-time, computer-based process control systems for a variety of applications.
- Represented specialty pharmaceutical companies in asset in-licensing and acquisitions
- Represented biotechnology companies in the structuring and negotiation of major drug discovery and development collaboration alliances
- Represented biotechnology and medical device companies in companion diagnostics development alliances
- Counseled medical device and pharmaceutical companies in the development of compliance programs for marketed products
- Assisted natural food companies with supply chain and distribution channel arrangements
- Represented both cloud software vendors and customers in the negotiation of Software-as-a-Service agreements
- Represented data services companies with data sourcing, licensing and related privacy matters